A Gym membership is expensive. And, even being a member at a gym, does not ensure that you will make use of this membership. More than 50% of all people that have memberships at a gym do not use their memberships. It might all just come done to the fact that it is inconvenient going to a gym.
Early mornings before work, it might still be dark, and the time might be too short to actually do a full work-out before going to work. Whereas, coming home in the afternoon you might just not feel like going out again.
Having a gym at home might come in very handy. It is there and available whenever it suits you and has the time. It won’t cost you anything after the set-up costs, and you won’t need special clothing for exercise because nobody will see you.
5 Tips on How to make a gym in your House:
1. Find Space that you can dedicate to your Home Gym: If you have space that is not occupied or used for anything specific, an extra room or garage, you can use that for setting up your gym. If you do not have that, you can use a room that can double up with your gym, the porch, study or patio, will do fine.
2. Make the Space Fitness Friendly: Remove clutter and keep an area clear to set up daily if you do not have a separate room. The space should be airy and lighted well. A plant or two will raise oxygen levels in the room. If you need to set-up a TV or computer, make sure it is at a level where instructions can be followed easily.
3. Stock your Gym with appropriate equipment: You will find that you do not need much and that home-gym equipment is actually not that big and expensive. You can find exercise videos on YouTube where you use your own body weight as weights. You also do not need to buy everything you want right from the start. Start out with the essentials and build from there.
4. Keep it organised and Neat: You will need to keep everything in its place, even if you have a room set aside for your gym. Putting away everything you used during your gym session will only make it more welcoming for the next session. If you have space doubling up together, this will be most important.
5. Use your own home gym: Now you have no excuse not to exercise. You do not need to leave your house to go the gym to get some exercise. You do not need to dress for gym. You can exercise whenever you want, even two’-o-clock in the morning.
You can eventually fit in a mirror somewhere. A mirror will help your gym space to appear larger, and you can feel less cramped if you use a smaller space. A mirror is also a useful tool to give feedback on your exercises if you do it correctly, and it can motivate you to do more.